Salesforce Announces Genie – a New Data Platform Powering the World’s First Real-Time CRM Learn more
Testing is an integral part of any software before launch. It is an effective tool to enhance product quality and the same time, reduce the risk of product failure. Although a few firms consider it exhausting, it's one of the vital steps in the development process.
Salesforce Testing refers to verification of the configuration and customisation performed in vanilla Sales Force Dot Com (SFDC). The platform offers profuse built-in unit test cases for the developers to verify their codes.
Let us dive into the testing part of Salesforce and discuss its types and best practices in detail.
Importance of Salesforce Testing
It is essential to understand the importance of testing, so here are a few reasons:
- It allows you to verify the functionalities of configuration and codes.
- The process builder feature enables developers to review the working condition and behaviour of the system.
- It assists you to ascertain whether the system supports the client’s business processes or not.
- It is a great tool to assure that the system’s initial build satisfies the approved requirement.
- It helps you figure out problems in the early stage and you can work on them easily.
- You can also verify the functionality of time-based events using workflows.
Types of Salesforce Testing
There are two types, namely manual testing and automated testing. You can read more about them below:
- Manual Testing: It refers to the type of testing that involves traditional methods to test the Salesforce.com App. Any organization’s QA team can use manual testing to manage functional testing, integration testing, regression testing, happy path testing, and system testing.
- Automated Testing: It refers to the type of testing that utilises a computer program such as Assure Click, QTP, Selenium, etc. to verify Salesforce.com or Force.com.
Best practices for Salesforce testing
- It's crucial to prepare an effective test strategy and test planning.
- Always prefer running tests with real user profiles.
- Try to fix problems in the early stages.
- You must prepare Test Data to validate the reports functionality.
- User roles must be created and tested with Workflows.
- You should pay special attention to the dynamic nature of visual force pages as all elements may not load simultaneously.
Salesforce Testing challenges
- You can’t remove some standard functionalities even if they are not in use.
- You need to run multiple tests to validate data and ensure proper data communication.
- It is challenging to test some advanced features of the platform such as Visualforce, Salesforce or Service Cloud Console.
- It is mandatory to recreate classic tests for the Lightning UI.
- You must ensure that automated tests work in all your test environments.
- You can face problems while creating field locators since a few field IDs differ between enterprises.
Salesforce Testing is a complicated process but needs to be performed adequately. You need to keep the above tips and challenges in mind while performing the same. We hope that this guide helped you understand the concept, types, and challenges and also provided you with some useful tips about testing.
Is your organisation struggling with Salesforce implementation? Consider switching to an appropriate Salesforce Development Company.
We at Atocloud offer you the finest Salesforce services in India and our experts guide you with their adequate knowledge and skills. Contact us today to get the required assistance.